[ltp] TP 770 and new HD Drive

Robert Hollis linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 09:29:36 -0600

I've got a 20GB working with no problem in a 770(Z). don't know the upper
limit on size tho'.

Robert Hollis
630-573-7383 (T/L 677)
e-mail - vdrlholl@us.ibm.com

IBM
2707 Butterfield Rd.
Oak Brook, IL.  60523

                    Martin Fluch
                    <fluch@rock.helsinki.f       To:     linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com
                    i>                           cc:
                    Sent by:                     Subject:     [ltp] TP 770 and new HD Drive
                    owner-linux-thinkpad@b
                    m-soft.com

                    08/02/2001 08:19 AM
                    Please respond to
                    linux-thinkpad

Hejsan!

I have a IBM ThinkPad 770 (9548-300) and want to upgrade to a bigger HD
than my recent 5GB. At the moment I have BIOS V1.26 installed (which is
capable of up to about 8GB) and I first will upgrade the BIOS to the most
recent one (in this case V1.33). But I don't know (I found no
specifications) what is the largest capacity this version can handle.

I'm thinking of buying a about 20GB HD and I'm curious whether the new
BIOS version can handle this or not. What are the bigest HD you got
working porperly?

Thanxs for any reply,
Martin