[ltp] Thinkpad HD Question

Jens Kirch linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 05 Aug 2001 00:07:45 +0200

Hi Christopher,

I wish i had 4 gigs of Ram ;-)

I have a TP 600E 2645-4AU and it came with 64 MB (32 MB onboard and 32
in the first memory slot.
The 2 memory slots are accessible if you turn over your laptop. then you
can see a "door" with a screw. Just loosen the screw and then you can
see the slots. In my case on e was occupied by the 32 MB module. I maxed
out my memory by adding two 128 MB modules and of course taking the 32
MB module out. This leaves me with 288 MB total. I used Kingston memory.
Just go to www.kingston.com and use the memory configurator.
The modules i am using are Kingston KTM-TP770/128, IBM part no. 01K1150,
128 MB.
 For me they are working fine. I know that a lot of people have issues
with memory, but nobody knows where they are coming from. Make sure you
have the newest bios and the newest drivers.

As for a new hard disk. I installed a 20 gig hdd Travelstar DJSA 220. it
is working fine. I got a drive shell from Bill at www.thinkpads.com to
put it in place. I also got a second hdd adapter for the ultraslim bay
(partnumber: 05K5336) so i can use the original 6.4 gig hdd in there as
a backup drive. Just look for it at any online store (i got it in the
US) like www.buycomp.com.
I hope that helped.

        Jens

--