[ltp] Problems with ltmodem

Manuel Teira linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 19:07:10 +0200

Hello there,
I have an A21m thinkpad with a lucent winmodem.
I've recently updated the ltmodem driver to the 5.99 version. A lot of times,
when trying to dial up (when opening the line) , the computer hangs (while
the other side terminal server is trying to negociate the speed), and the
only way to restore it is powering off and on again (neither the kernel
sysreq keys worked).

I'm not sure about the reason, because sometimes, it works fine. Other times,
it hangs two or three times, and then, it works. It never has happened when
the computer is AC powered.

Any hint? Could it has something to do with the PCI power management ?

Best regards.

--
Manuel Teira