MWAVW on older thinkpads (Re: [ltp] new to linux on 770x - modem?)

Victor Wagner linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 10:38:19 +0400 (MSD)

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001 paulsch@haywired.net wrote:

> From: paulsch@haywired.net
> Subject: Re: [ltp] new to linux on 770x - modem?
>
> On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Victor Wagner wrote:
>
> > Now, what's a problem with support of older series? Are specs for older
> > chip available?
> >
> Nope...  No specs... :(

At least I got some responce from mwavem author.

Now, some more questions

1. In the code of mwavedd I can clearly see port numbers related
to older chips (such as 0x4e30). How did they got here? From which specs
or which ported code?

2. As far as I know, sources of NT driver were available for developers
of mwavem. Was there some trace of support for older chips? (I suppose
that initial developers of this NT code had code for older chips at their
disposal)

3. Had anybody (not neccessary authors of mwavem) attempt to
reverse-engineer driver using same technicque as was used to develop
parallel port Zip driver - starting DOS driver in the DOSEMU, modified
to log all access to particular range of ports?

4. Is there any owner of newer Thinkpad  willing to help with such
reverse enginering?
I suppose that comparing port trace of newer thinkpad where mwavem works
and of my 760ED can help developing support for older chip.

--
Victor Wagner			vitus@ice.ru
Chief Technical Officer		Office:7-(095)-748-53-88