[ltp] Re: TP-21 Cardbus Problems?

Eric Nichols linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 01:40:36 -0400

I use the same card that Friedemann mentions in his initial post on my
600X. Under Win2000, I have ftp'd large files at 68Mbps (so says the ftp
client but it was fast). I haven't used this card under linux so can't
vouch for the performance in that environment but I don't think I could
get that speed under W2K if the card was 16 bit on a slow bus. On a T21,
the PCMCIA slots sit on a PCI bus that runs at 33Mhz minimally so it
should perform much better than what Friedemann reports. My guess is
that cardctl is misreporting the card type but I don't know what else in
his configuration might account for the poor performance. I will try my
3com under linux and post the results.

Cheers,

EN