[ltp] Thinkpad 600 Pointer Problems

Christopher X linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 13:42:08 -0500

Now I hadn't yet tried another distribution (right now I can't, need a new
power supply so until then its gathering dust) but when I attempted to
install Linux Mandrake 8.0 (Frequent release 2) the mouse pointed (its the
little nub in the middle of the keyboard, not a touch pad) wasn't
recognized.  I'm now wanting to buy/try SuSe 7.2 - is this a general
problem, or just a fluke?  I was under the impression that I merely told it
or it saw it as a PS/2 mouse.  Maybe its the distro, it was a beta release
of sorts.  Anyways, thnx.  :-)

~Christopher X

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
stupidity."

-Hanlon's Razor