[ltp] Thinkpad 600 Pointer Problems

Brice Spreitzer linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 16:43:41 -0500 (CDT)

I had this same problem as well.  The only way around it that I found is
by going through the regular install using a external PS/2 mouse.  You
will have to use the keyboard up until the mouse selection menu.  Once you
get to that section just keep tapping the keys and moving the mouse until
you see the display start to recognize.  I know this isn't the most
technical way, but it is a problem with too quick of a timeout on the
mouse scan upon boot, so you need to force it.   Hope it works....

--Brice