[ltp] Thinkpad 600 Pointer Problems

Andrew Crawford linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 15:12:42 -0700

Not only does the pointer not work on my new ThinkPad T22 when trying to
install Mandrake 8.0, the installer locks up completely a couple minutes
into the install.  This happens with the text install as well as the
graphical install.

I had no trouble installing Mandrake 7.2 after I gave up trying to use
ReiserFS (the kernel 2.2.19 update seems to be allergic to ReiserFS and
panics on boot after the update.)  The pointer even worked throughout the
install with 7.2.

I was able to get an external mouse, connected to the PS/2 port to work
okay in the Mandrake 8.0 install, up to the point where it locks.

Andrew Crawford
ThinkPad@Evermore.com