[ltp] new T23 with wireless ... OK for Linux?

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:29:11 -0400

--------------1B5E34DAC926BFD5FAD3E799

Just be aware that the T21 with the SXGA+ resolution screen has a problem in that it cannot reliably produce a simultaneous CRT and external
display under Linux (makes for extremely frustrating presentations). The T21s (with SXGA+ resolution) have the Savage IX8 chipsets and the T23s
have the ProSavage chipsets. I have no idea whether the T23s will have the same problem but I do notice that they are not selling one with
pre-installed Linux.....

DS
"Michael W. Godfrey" wrote:

> I was looking at the new T23 with built-in wireless (model 26479LU).
>
> http://commerce.www.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=2129913&cntrfnbr=1&prmenbr=1&cntry=840&lang=en_US&scrfnbr=73&shoptype=D
>
> Does anyone forsee any Linux compatibility problems with it?
> I do have a 600E that I've put Linux on, so I have some experience ...
>
> Comments most appreciated!
>
> -- Mike

D. Sen, Room E167
AT&T Labs-Research
Shannon Laboratory
180 Park Ave.
Florham Park NJ 07932-0971
Ph: 973-360-8546
http://www.research.att.com/~dsen

--------------1B5E34DAC926BFD5FAD3E799

Just be aware that the T21 with the SXGA+ resolution screen has a problem
in that it cannot reliably produce a simultaneous CRT and external display
under Linux (makes for extremely frustrating presentations). The T21s (with
SXGA+ resolution) have the Savage IX8 chipsets and the T23s have the ProSavage
chipsets. I&nbsp;have no idea whether the T23s will have the same problem
but I do notice that they are not selling one with pre-installed Linux.....
(model 26479LU).