SV: [ltp] which cellphone with TP770 using IR-Port?

Michael Selway linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:06:31 +0100

Pekka Pessi writes:
 > In message <A9CDFB048BBBD21192E80008C70D420D03F06D4E@mob-osl-22-003> <ole-thomas.naringsrud@telenor.com> writes:
 > >AFAIK, GSM doesn't support connection rates faster then 9600
 > >anyway. Even though my TP600E supports FIR the phone only
 > >connected at 9600. Yet, I could read my email while I was
 > >in Spain last year.
 >
 > 	The GSM high-speed data supports 14400 b/s.  There is also
 > 	possibility to use multiple channels, so bit rate may be up to
 > 	42300 b/s.  However, I don't know if it is supported by anybody
 > 	but Finnish Sonera - you have to check with your operator first.

The mobile phone shops here (UK) are talking about a phone (a
nokia, I think) which does 28k.  (But then have you ever believed
anything said by a mobile phone salesperson?)

I've just bought a Siemens s35i which does 9600 b/s and has an
infrared interface.  I haven't managed to get the simple infrared
configurations to work on my thinkpad 600e.  However, when I tried
the high speed FIR connection (using modprobe nsc-ircc
dongle_id=0x09), it worked fine.

m.