[ltp] suspend/resume & sound on A22p

Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:26:50 -0400

I'm setting up Linux (RH 7.1, kernel 2.4.5) on a ThinkPad A22p, and I've got a
couple of issues with the APM suspend/resume and sound:

	the machine "suspends" fine, but it doesn't resume completely--
	after a suspend, the LCD backlight will come on, and the hard drive
	will power up, but there's no keyboard response, no display, no
	ability to switch to a virtual console

	sound works...but it seems to depend upon either the KDE "artsd" daemon
	running or having a mixer application running

Any suggestions? I'm particularly interested in kernel config files and any
modifications to /etc/sysconfig/apmd and /etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts to get the
suspend/resume working correctly.

Thanks,

Mark
----