[ltp] Can't hibernate (SMAPI BIOS error)

Dr. Edmund Weitz linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
22 Aug 2001 17:02:40 +0200

Hi!

It's me again with my daily mail to this list... :)

I'm trying to put my Thinkpad (T21, 2647-9AG) into hibernation mode,
but it doesn't work. Fn-F12 shows no reaction while tpctl --hibernate
(with version 2.5) gives

  tpctl: SMAPI BIOS error 0x91 ("system is invalid") -- exiting

What do I have to do to enable hibernation? (It is enabled - and works
- in my W2k installation but I suppose this is a file on the NTFS
partition. I remember that my old Sony Vaio notebook had a special
hibernation partition.)

I know that I'm not the first one to send this question to the list
but I couldn't find an appropriate answer in the archives. (Neither
there nor on Google.)

Thanks in advance for your help,
Edi.