[ltp] XFree86-4.1.0 + KDE 2.2 on T22 ... very nice!

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:21:36 -0400

I just installed Mandrake 8.0 on my Thinkpad A20p

Its not quite as up to date as you are, KDE 2.1.1 and XFree86 4.0.3, but man
is it nice. This distro has a VERY much improved setup, management tools,
stability, etc vs any other desktop based distribution, and for KDE users its
great because Mandrake gives you are very well built KDE install and
configuration, unlike Red Hat where KDE is an afterthought.

So for those wanting to get a good X environment on their thinkpad, this
seems to be a good way to go. The ONLY bug I ran into so far was the
trackpoint not being recognized due to kernel bug in 2.4.3 kernel. I just
installed a stock 2.4.9 kernel with no trouble, and this is a well documented
bug. Mandrake will let you go with a 2.2 series kernel if you aren't into
building your own ;o).