[ltp] Can't hibernate (SMAPI BIOS error)

Dr. Edmund Weitz linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
23 Aug 2001 01:48:36 +0200

OK, I tried it: Disabled hibernation support in W2k completely,
created an empty FAT partition big enough for my system, temporarily
made the new partition the active one, used the IBM provided bootable
floppy to create a partition file on this partition. Hibernation now
works again under Wintendo, but it still doesn't work with Linux. As
before, Fn-F12 does nothing, tpctl --hibernate reports

  tpctl: SMAPI BIOS error 0x91 ("system is invalid") -- exiting

Any other recommendations?

Thanks to all who have tried to help so far,
Edi.