[ltp] Freezes SuSE 7.1/7.2 and TP T 21

Dirk Husemann linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
24 Aug 2001 15:41:35 +0200

>>>>> "mg" == marcus giles <marcus.giles@deltagold.com.au> writes:

    mg> I get this problem on my T21 quite often.  Its running almost
    mg> stock standard Mandrake 8.0.  And, no, crtl-alt-f1 doesn't
    mg> work and nor does ctrl-alt-backspace.  I can ssh into the
    mg> machine though, and kill processes until it responds again,
    mg> but I haven't worked out which process causes this.

After updating GNOME (that's what I'm using) that phenomenon disappeared.

--
Dr. Dirk Husemann, IBM Research Division, Zurich Research Lab, Switzerland
Email: hud@zurich.ibm.com ----------- WWW: http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~hud/

"We are Linux. Resistance is an indication that you missed the point."