[ltp] Re: Clicking hard disk sound

Dirk Husemann linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
24 Aug 2001 15:44:15 +0200

    EW> One more thing:
    >> From time to time I hear a clicking sound from my hard disk while I'm
    EW> working with Linux. If I had to guess I'd say it sounds as if the
    EW> head tries to go beneath the edge of the disk. I'm not an expert with
    EW> these things, though.

    EW> I still have to spent about half of my time in W2k due to my work and
    EW> I never heard this sound with this OS.

    EW> Has anybody else observed this behaviour?

Yep. No idea what it is. Sounds scarry though. I'll ask a colleague of
mine who is/was into harddisks...

--
Dr. Dirk Husemann, IBM Research Division, Zurich Research Lab, Switzerland
Email: hud@zurich.ibm.com ----------- WWW: http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~hud/

"We are Linux. Resistance is an indication that you missed the point."