[ltp] Can't hibernate (SMAPI BIOS error)

Markus Alt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 23:32:23 +0200

Rob Lowrie wrote:

[snip]

> Interesting.  My file is also in /dev/hda3.  I may be grasping at straws,
> but does the bios _only_ look under hda1 for the hibernation file? Or is
> there some other restriction?

I'm currently thinking really hard what could be causing this problem,
but it's definetely *not* related to hda1, sorry. My hibernation
partition is /dev/hda2 and it works fine.

Another idea: Do the both of you use any boot manager other than LILO?
I've read once that e.g. the IBM (OS/2) boot manager could cause
problems with hibernation, but IIRC this was only with resuming a
hibernated machine.

Also clutching at straws ... ;-)

Markus

--