[ltp] Can't hibernate (SMAPI BIOS error)

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 00:45:04 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Markus Alt wrote:

> Another idea: Do the both of you use any boot manager other than LILO?
> I've read once that e.g. the IBM (OS/2) boot manager could cause
> problems with hibernation, but IIRC this was only with resuming a
> hibernated machine.

Woohoo! Success! Ok - I finally got my A20p to hibernate - I zapped the
partition, recreated it with mkfs.msdos -F 16, set the partition type
to 06 (FAT 16) and flagged it as bootable [didn't work as a hidden
partition type], Booted off the phdisk floppy, and selected 'Create file',
And this time hibernate worked.

I'm not sure what went wrong before, but it only ever gave me the choice of
creating a partition, not a file.

--
"They're unfriendly, which is fortunate, really.  They'd be difficult
to like."