[ltp] Can't hibernate (SMAPI BIOS error)

Markus Alt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 11:06:37 +0200

"Dr. Edmund Weitz" wrote:

> "D. Sen" <dsen@research.att.com> writes:
>
> > How about kernel options? Is ACPI disabled and APM enabled?
>
> APM is enabled, although not all of its options. (We're talking about
> the stock SuSE kernel here.) I didn't know until now that there are
> any ACPI options in the kernel.
>
> Anyway, here we are:
>
>  root@bird:~ > grep -i '\(acpi\|apm\)' /boot/vmlinuz.config
>  # CONFIG_ACPI is not set
>  CONFIG_APM=y
>  # CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
>  CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
>  # CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE is not set
>  CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
>  # CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
>  CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y
>
> Anything wrong with that that would be worthwhile to check?

Those should be ok. That's why I asked whether you're able to suspend.
Otherwise I would have suspected that some of the kernel options were
wrong. But the default SuSE kernel is ok with regard to this. Just for
the record, here are my settings:

root@altmark: root (8) # egrep -i "acpi|apm" /usr/src/linux/.config
# CONFIG_ACPI is not set
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

The only difference is CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE which shouldn't matter.

Markus

--
Markus Alt
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany