[ltp] Can't hibernate (SMAPI BIOS error)

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 19:48:56 +0100 (BST)

On 25 Aug 2001, Dr. Edmund Weitz wrote:

> One last straw: When the hibernation floppy asked for the size of my
> hibernation file I chose the default value (see above) which I think
> should be correct for 256MB RAM plus the Savage card. Did you guys
> choose another size?

No, I chose the default size. One note:

  Disk /dev/hda: 240 heads, 63 sectors, 2343 cylinders
  Units = cylinders of 15120 * 512 bytes

     Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
  /dev/hda1   *         1        17    128488+  83  Linux
  /dev/hda2   *      2310      2343    257040    6  FAT16
  /dev/hda3            51      2309  17078040    5  Extended

My hibernation partition is still marked as bootable, and it is my first
windows-y partition - also I have no NTFS partitions. Could the BIOS be
looking at the partions, seeing the NTFS partition and giving up before it
gets to the FAT16 partition?

--
I've had a perfectly wonderful evening.  But this wasn't it.
                -- Groucho Marx