[ltp] RedHat 7.0 on a ThinkPad A22m

Yu Xiao linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 15:52:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

I installed Redhat 7.0 on a Thinkpad A22m with Win98 preinstalled. I
did the partition using Partition Magic, and installed Redhat 7.0 with
LIlO in MBR. My problem is the standby function doesn't work properly,
Fn+F4 doesn't work at all in Linux, although sometime it works when
I close my laptop, but sometime, it doesn't, and when it doen't,
the screen goes to blank, and the computer doesn't response to any
action, well, except power shut down, which is extremely dangerous, cause some
files are not cleanly unmounted and sometime I have difficulty to reboot it.
I was told by some friends that I should update Redhat 7.0 to 7.1, but I
am wondering if it is really the answer? Or there is something else I
missed. Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Xiao