[ltp] Mandrake on a T22 Install Problem

Dr. Edmund Weitz linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
26 Aug 2001 10:21:12 +0200

Andrew Crawford <ThinkPad@Evermore.com> writes:

> I not only had problems with the trackpoint installing Mandrake 8.0 on
> my T22, I couldn't get it to complete the install.  It freezes a few
> steps in (one step after partitioning and formatting, IIRC.)  Same
> freeze in graphical or text mode install.  I fell back and installed
> 7.2.
>
> Please let me know if you get 8.0 to install.

I had the same problems (freezing at different steps in the install
procedure), so I gave up. I remember that somewhere on Google I found
a posting that related all of these freezes to Mandrake's 2.4.x kernel
and recommend using the 2.2.x kernel to boot and install from. I gave
it up and used SuSE 7.2 instead.

Edi.