[ltp] 600x: How to max Processor speed?

Boyan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 19:43:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

to continue the subject on the 600x here is my problem.

When I boot linux without a battery and CDRom plugged in (that is my
default option) I get invariably 498 MHz processor speed. Very often,
however, I would prefer to enjoy the full 650 MHz speed that my 5FG model
is capable of but alas without success.

Disabling Power management and/or Speed step from BIOS in my win98
partition does not help either. So far only if I boot with both battery
and CDRom (and that is what I'd rather avoid) can I see processor speed at
650MHz. Does anyone have the same problem?

The distribution I have is suse 7.1 with kernel 2.4.0 and kde 2.1.1. In
almost every other respect I am pleased with this kernel and I would
appreciate any suggestion that does not require updating the kernel, if
possible.

Regards,
Boyan