[ltp] Ethernet card in 380ED

Tino Keitel linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:33:15 +0200

On Monday, 27. August 2001 16:42, Andres Sepulveda wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	I'm trying to use an ethernet card (Linksys 10BaseT, Model NP10T)
> 	in a ThinkPad 380ED. I have RH7.0 with kernel 2.2.17-14.

> 	I read somewhere that the 'cardmgr' daemon should not be running,

That's rubbish. It must be running if you want to use PCMCIA cards.

> 	however it is in my current configuration. Could you helpme to
> find information on how to reconfigure and what to reconfigure for this
> card?

The pcmcia-cs package supports your card. All you have to do is adjust the
network parameters (IP, netmask, gateway,...). To do this, edit
/etc/pcmcia/network.opts or use the config tool that comes with RedHat (have
forgotten it's name).

Tino