[ltp] 600x and tpctl?

Boyan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:00:05 +0200 (CEST)

Now I am even more confused. It turns out that there is some automatically
generated entry in the /etc/modules.conf file which is:

options thinkpad enable_smapi=1 enable_superio=1 enable_rtcmosram=1
keep
path[thinkpad]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/thinkpad
alias char-major-10-170 thinkpad

So overal when compared to the recommendation below only one line is
different actually missing:
> thinkpad_enable_rtcmosram=1 thinkpad_enable_thinkpadpm=1

Is this crucial? And the order of the lines in my modules.conf entry are
somewhat different. Is this modules.conf entry wrong?

Also I am not sure if it is right for the /dev/thinkpad to be a character
special file as from the command ls -l /dev/thinkpad:

crw-rw-r--    1 root     root      10, 170 Jun 27 21:05 /dev/thinkpad

regards,
boyan.