[ltp] Hi, First Post :-)

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:32:58 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, eadz wrote:

> Is it worth making a "thinkpad hybernation" partation?

If you want to hibernate. My tp goes for just under a week when suspended,
which isn't bad, all things considered, so I don't actually need
hibernation. Depends on how often and for how long you use your tp w/o a/c
power, and how long it needs to survive betwwen charges.

Hibernation by partition isn't actually supported. You need a bootable FAT16
[not hidden] partition with a FAT16 filesystem on it - You then need to boot
off the IBM standalone boot utility diskette for yout tp, and choose the
option to 'create hibernation file'. Once that's done, you should be able to
hibernate.

> and anybody modified their laptop case ? e.g. painted it or made a new
> case.. ? hehe i was thinking about it yes..

Why? They're already a nice matt black finish... mmmm... black hardware...

--
There's an old proverb that says just about whatever you want it to.