[ltp] appearance modification

Tom Grydeland linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:09:26 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Markus Alt wrote:

> Really odd. I've been following this list for quite a while now, but so
> far I've seen no one who intended to modify the design of his/her
> ThinkPad! :-)

Well, I *have* modified the appearance of my ThinkPad.  Not particularly
beautiful, nor particularly intentionally, but modified it is
nevertheless.  The "rubbery" surface on the wristrest (where the
speakers are) on the '600 has been worn off -- piece by piece over the
last year or so -- and the silvery paint below is being worn away,
exposing the plastic(?) cabinet underneath.  So from matt black to
silvery with green spots to silky black in the different exposure zones.

The plastic doesn't feel as comfortable as the coating did, so if anyone
knows a way to re-apply the coat, I'd appreciate it.

[...]

> Anyway, in case you do, don't forget to post a picture of it!

Not very pretty, unfortunately.

--
//Tom Grydeland <Tom.Grydeland@phys.uit.no>

	"you cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind." -- H. D. Thoreau