[ltp] Re: 1st post - Thinkpad A20P

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:43:06 -0400

"Jeff Richards" <jeff.richards@psg.openwave.com> writes:

> I was planning on installing the latest Red Hat on my A20P - anyone know of
> any good reasons why I should not?

No reasons here.  RH7.0 and the pre-7.1-betas worked fine on my A20p.
The RHL X configuration tools include stuff I helped put together to
make X configurations simple on the A20p.  8^)

I've since switched to Debian, though, for ease of updates.  After RH
started charging for up2date access[1], I didn't see a reason to stick
around.

Footnotes:
[1]  The first machine may still be free, but I have three machines at
home to worry about.

A cat is domestic only as long as it suits its own needs.