[ltp] Sound configuration on a 380ED

Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:56:46 +0100 (BST)

> Andres Sepulveda wrote:
> >
> >         Hi all,
> >
> >         I'm trying to configure the soundcard in an TP380ED with RH7.0.
> >
> >         As root, I can use the command sndconfig (ver 0.57) and everything
> > seems to work (seems I found the propper settings). However after a reboot
> > the sound stops working properly. If I run 'sndconfig' again, without
> > changin any parameters, things get fixed. Whis are these changes not
> > permanent?
> >
> >         Any help is appreciated.
> >
> >                 Andres
>
> I can't help you with your problem, but could you please post the
> parameters you're using?. I'm also trying to install Linux in my 380ED.
> TIA.

I have my 380ED sound working fine (well, it conflicts with my pretty pathetic network card, but when I dont have pcmcia running its fine).

using module cs4232 in debian/testing and 2.4.4
modprobe cs4232 irq=5 io=0x534 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9

I found it on the web via google, cant remember where though as the bookmark is on my desktop, 300 miles away :)

--
Paul Weaver
p.j.weaver@ex.ac.uk

"The best way to accelerate a windows box is at 9.8 meters per second square."