Suspend but no resume (Was: Re: [ltp] Mandrake 8.1 beta 2)

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 02:10:20 -0400

In your message dated: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 00:00:46 EDT,
The pithy ruminations from "Douglas Bridges" on
<[ltp] Mandrake 8.1 beta 2> were:
=> I installed MDK 8.1 beta 2 and it has been very interesting. My main problem
=> right now is the machine hangs when I try to suspend. I think it has
=> something to do with X (4.1.0). I am running apmd, and when I sent the
=> machine to init 3, it could suspend fine. It locks hard whenever I try to
=> suspend with the either Fn-F4 or closing the lid when X is running. I
=> haven't found any log messages that help. When it locks, the screen blanks
=> (but stays backlit), but the suspend light does not even try to come on.

What model Thinkpad do you have? What version kernel are you running? What are
the APM options in your /usr/src/linux/.config file? What are your apm suspend
and resume scripts?

I'm having basically the same problem...suspend always works, resume very, very
rarely does. Sometimes (although far from consistently), if I got to a VGA
terminal before suspending, then resume will work. Usually, all I get is the
backlight coming on, but the machine hangs when I resume.

I've tried a variety of kernel options, and tried with apmd running or
disabled.

I'm running:
	ThinkPad A22p
	RedHat 7.1
	2.4.9 kernel
	XFree 4.1.0
	apmd disabled (currently)

=>
=> Any ideas would be appreciated.
=>

I'll let you know if I find a solution.

Mark
=> Doug
=>
=> ----- The Linux ThinkPad mailing list -----
=> The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
=> http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html
=>