[ltp] Suspending on an A21m

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:36:32 -0400

In your message dated: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:34:32 +0530,
The pithy ruminations from Ravi Pratap M on
<[ltp] Suspending on an A21m> were:
=> Hi guys,
=>
=> 	I have an A21m running RedHat 7.1 and suspend/hibernate works fine
=> with only one small condition : I can't do a suspend/hibernate while I am
=> in X. I need to just switch to a console [ framebuffer enabled ] and then

Are you using the X framebuffer, or talking about something else?

=> do the Fn-F12 thing. When I resume, everything comes back fine and I can
=>
=>
=> 	Any ideas about this or is it something everybody has to do ?

Well, this isn't something you should have to do...

Please give more information, such as:
	kernel version
	X version
	APM options compiled into the kernel
	video options in the kernel
	apmd info (enabled/disabled, any apm scripts, etc.)

Mark
=>
=> 	Regards,
=>
=> 		Ravi
=>
=> --
=> "If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
=> who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."
=>
=>               -- David Duchovny in Readers' Digest
=>
=> 	Ravi Pratap M         <ravi@che.iitm.ac.in>
=>                       <http://www.iitm.ac.in/~ravi>
=>
=>
=> ----- The Linux ThinkPad mailing list -----
=> The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
=> http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html
=>