[ltp] 570E and the UltraBay

Ravi Pratap M linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
04 Dec 2001 00:05:35 +0530

Hi guys,

	So this morning my UltraBay for my Thinkpad 570E arrived and I have
been trying to install the Ultraslim CDROM drive which I ordered too.

	Now, there seems to be some kind of screw which I need to remove before
installing it in the bay. For some reason, I am unable to get it out. I
ran around a lot but no screw driver could do anything but damage the
threads :( Is there some special screwdriver ?

	Oh and the CDROM drive makes funny sounds from inside when I turn it
around. They sound like ball bearings but I am scared that something
might be broken inside :(

	Please, write in and tell me everything's okay. All this is testing my
patience and holding up my work ! I can't install the CDROM drive -
that's ridiculous !

	Extremely worried,

			Ravi

--
"If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."

              -- David Duchovny in Readers' Digest

	Ravi Pratap M                    <ravi@ximian.com>
                        <http://primates.ximian.com/~ravi>