[ltp] Debian/unstable question (Was: New on List)

Dr. Edmund Weitz linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
04 Dec 2001 00:42:04 +0100

Michael Gratton <mike@vee.net> writes:

> I run Debian/unstable on my T21, but I used to own a 600X and that
> ran /stable, /testing and /unstable very well.

I know this is not the right forum, but I'd be glad if someone could
provide me with a pointer or a hint (preferably by private email to
unburden the list):

I want to install Debian on a test server and for several reasons I
want to use the unstable branch. AFAIK there are only installation
floppies for stable and testing, so I suppose I have to do a minimal
stable/testing install, then edit my /etc/apt/sources.list to point to
unstable and then do 'apt-get dist-upgrade'. Will that be the right
way? Are there any tutorials out there that explain how to install
unstable instead of stable/testing? (I've searched in vain so far.)

Thanks in advance,
Edi.