[ltp] New on List

Michael Selway linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:34:39 +0000

Auguste writes:
 > thank's for giving me your personal experience with this Distris of Linux and ThinkPad 600.

I've used Redhat very successfully for many years on different
tp600's and tp600e's.

Recent releases work well on the 600's.  The biggest problem I
have is with redhat's apmscript
(/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/apmscript).  This prevents the machine
suspending/hibernating reliably.  Moving the script aside so it
doesn't run fixes the problem (I'm sure there are more elegant
solutions).

Also, take a look at Thomas Hood's web site which documents his
tp600 experiences with debian linux.
http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm

Michael.