[ltp] Newbie to the list

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 06:21:37 -0500

Installing devfs on a distribution that isn't designed to work with it is a
darn tricky thing though... There are an aweful lot of tools out there that
were designed with the standard /dev structure in mind. I'd really advise
anyone switching to devfs to use a linux distro that was intended to work
with it, like Mandrake 8.1 (I don't know which others use devfs as a standard
feature, I'm sure there are more that do). Its POSSIBLE to adjust your
existing system to work with it, but experience has shown me that its painful
at best!