[ltp] Sound on an IBM Thinkpad 600E

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 06:28:23 -0500

well, my A20p lspci shows:
00:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24 [CrystalClear
SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01)

At least with ALSA the same driver handles all 46xx series chips. I have had
no problems with either ALSA or OSS drivers working with this particular
machine.

my current setup just has "alias sound-slot-0 cs46xx" in modules.conf and it
seems to work fine.