[ltp] pnpbios kernel patch available -- please test

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
07 Dec 2001 08:52:33 -0500

At my website
  http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm
there is a patch available that adds the pnpbios driver to
kernels 2.4.16 through 2.4.17-pre5.  (Use the "patch" link
in the December log entry.)  If you are using one of
these kernels and are interested in the pnpbios driver
(which allows you to use the lspnp and setpnp utilities),
I would appreciate it if you would test the patch and report
your experience.  Initial tests by others have revealed no
problems.  If no problems appear after wider testing I would
like to submit this patch to Marcelo for inclusion in the
2.4 series.

Thomas Hood