[ltp] question about sequencer support on tp770z

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:11:38 -0500

On Monday 10 December 2001 14:10, you wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 04:41:31AM -0500, Tod Harter wrote:
> > Why does it say "ALSA emulation"??? That sounds kind of strange to me...
>
> I don't know exactly what is the meaning of "emulation" in the context
> of the ALSA driver. But I have the same "emulation" string with a
> Creative Sound Blaster card on my desktop PC, whose synth/midi are
> fully functionnal.

Yeah, it seems to be true on my desktop too. Maybe it has to do with being in
OSS compatibility mode? Only thing I can think of... I'd turn that off and
see, but experience tells me never to mess with a working sound system, they
have a habit of being very cranky!!!