[ltp] Wireless Networking

Heather Guse linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:57:00 -0600

It took me a while to get my wireless stuff working but I have had it up for a few months under RH 7.1.

First question does your card ever light up once the system is booted, and second on shutdown do you notice a message about 'mod probe' and the wavlan_cs driver?  I don't remember exactly how I got this up and running and I am in a conference all day today...but I will go through it tonight.  In the mean time one of our other very knoledgeable list dwellers will probably come up with the answer.

As much as I recall without looking, it had something to do with the driver not loading before the ifup command was called for eth1.  I did have problems configuring iwconfig (at least I thought), but it turned out to be something with the mod probe, wavelan_cs, and loading at boot before ifup was called.  If know one else answers before tonight...I will figure out exactly what I did and get back to you.

Heather Guse
hguse@dpnsecurity.com

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 11:11:32PM -0500, Cameron Hooper had written: