[ltp] Wireless Networking

Heather Guse linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 21:15:24 -0600

Ok, looked at the file I was trying to think of.../etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts
This is the file you need to edit.  Redhat 7+ works great with wireless...you just need the proper config.  In wireless.opts file you need to set the options for your card.  For example:

# Lucent Wavelan IEEE (+ Orinoco, RoamAbout and ELSA)
# Melco/Buffalo Networks WLI-PCM-L11
# Note : wvlan_cs driver only, and version 1.0.4+ for encryption support
*,*,*,00:60:1D:*|*,*,*,00:02:2D:*)
    INFO="Wavelan IEEE example (Lucent default settings)"
    ESSID="ANY"
    MODE="managed"
#    RATE="auto"
    KEY="s:YOURWEPKEY"
# To set all four keys, use :
#   KEY="s:secu1 [1] key s:secu2 [2] key s:secu3 [3] key s:secu4 [4] key [1]"
# For the RG 1000 Residential Gateway: The ESSID is the identifier on
# the unit, and the default key is the last 5 digits of the same.
#   ESSID="084d70"

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 06:41:50PM -0500, Cameron Hooper had written: