[ltp] Memory upgrade

Trevor Osatchuk linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:42:00 -0700

I don't know if this is the proper forum, but I can't find the info I need.

I just got a 64m memory upgrade and I installed it into my 380d Thinkpad.
When it boots the message that comes in white is:

016000 KB OK

This is the same whether I have my 64m chip in, the old chip in(which I
currently have no idea on the size) or no chip in.  I try to get into the
bios with ctrl-f1 and/or ctrl-esc and I come up in the error screen.  How do
I get directly to the bios?

I check the memory and it says that I have 16384 KB installed and 16000 KB
usable.  This is with no memory chip in.  I don't think that the thinkpad
has 16m installed.  Isn't it 12 or 8?

How do I get the computer to see the new memory?  I have been to IBM's web
site to look for an installation guide but got discouraged after umpteen
dead links.  According to my bios systemboard info, the bios version is
1.35, or I1ET49WW, which according to the IBM web page is the most current.

Does anyone have advice, experience, an url, sarcastic wit or condemnation
to offer?

Thanks!

fybar