[ltp] Re: Installing problems on X22

Ross Burton linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
17 Dec 2001 09:57:48 +0000

On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 09:41, Michael Nordmeyer wrote:
> On Sunday 16 December 2001 16:17, Ross Burton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just tried to install Debian onto my X22 laptop.  I booted the
> > CD but the kernel hangs on "md driver...".  Does anyone know how to
> > get around this?  I could install RH72 which LinuxCare say installs
> > fine, but I'd rather stick with Debian.

> I've read on the list that it's possible to boot with a different
> debian CD. It seems there're different boot kernels on different debian
> CDs.
>
> Alternatively you can try to use different boot disks. There're some
> unofficial boot disks floating around with reiserfs or ext3 support for
> example.

I'll probably try and find XFS boot disks, as I would like to use XFS on
the laptop.  Thanks.

> IIRC the md driver is for logical volumes or raid. May be the recovery
> partition caused the md driver to hang.

I copied it to my desktop and used Partition Magic to re-arrange the
disk, its not 50/50 FAT32/ext2.  Interesting...

Ross
--
Ross Burton                               mail: ross.burton@mail.com
                                       jabber: rossburton@jabber.org