[ltp] Problem connecting to ISP with TP600

Bernard DEBREIL linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 19:16:19 GMT

My config must be wrong somewhere, or else, maybe,
there is a problem with my localhost or loopback device... but I don't
know much about it.

Upon connexion, here is what happens, as written in my
/var/log/messages
file :

ifup pppd started for ppp0 at /dev/ttyS1 at 115200
ppp generic driver version 2.4.1
pppd 2.4.1 started by root uid0
Wvdial Internet dialer version 1.41
Initializing modem
sending ATZ
ATZ
OK
Sending ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=3D0 &c1&d2  S11=3D55+FCLASS=3D0
sending ATZ
ATZ
modem initialized
sending atdt 0860......
waiting for carrier
atdt 0860....
CONNECT 40000 ECLC
Carrier detected
Waiting for prompt
dial.1.rt.teaser.net
login:
looks like a login prompt
sending [my login]
password:
looks like a password prompt
sending password
Entering PPP mode
*Async interface address is unnumbered {Loopback1} - Your IP address
is
213.91..... mtu is 1500 bytes =B5=B5=B5head **er compression will match =
your
system

Wv dial: looks like a welcome message
Serial connexion established
Using interface ppp0
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS1

all this above, within tenth of a seconds from line to line.

and then, about 30 seconds with nothing... then :

LCP timeout sending Config Requests
Connection terminated
Hangup
Exit

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice