[ltp] DVD playback on T21?

Daniel Andor linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:20:38 -0500

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 01:59:15PM -0500, Tod Harter wrote:
> Thats odd. Could be a bug in support for the Savage...

Actually, I had a colourdepth issue with Xv and my X21 (ATI RagePro)
while trying to view large (DVD) movies.

In 24bpp mode all the players quit saying Xv hadn't enough resources.
Turning off the double buffering attribute in Xv helped (xvattr), but
then the playback was not as smooth.

If I start up X in 16bpp mode, double buffering DVDs works.

Daniel.