[ltp] PnP Bios patch help

Jean-Philippe Jung (Home) linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:25:54 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to get kernel 2.4.16 with PnP Bios patch (from
http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/pnpbios.html) up and running (as per
numerous previous posts and information from the Kernel-How-To).

That being 1- my 1st kernel generation 2- my first kernel patching, I would
appreciate some guidance regarding the patch apply process.
I have my source tree, I have the patch, and the information from
Kernel-HowTo (section 6.1: patching the kernel) does not help.

Thanks a lot for all of you who assisted me on my Gnome panel corruption, I
got it fixed.

Regards,

Jean-Philippe.