[ltp] Problem connecting to ISP with TP600

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:42:44 -0500

> An MTU of 8 is invalid.   MTU = Maximum Transmit Unit
> An MTU of 8 is smaller than the IP header itself.

Yep. It would be very rare to need to change it. I expect you can do so with
an option in ifcfg-lo (or whatever for other interfaces) but I've never seen
an instance where its needed. ppp in fact would likely be the only line
discipline that would EVER need to touch it. I just wasn't clear from the
original post if he meant his MTU was 8 or if his TX packet count was 8
(which it might be if he'd just booted).