[ltp] X22 issues

Kevin Krause linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 21:40:25 +0100

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 18:43:17 -0000, Ross Burton wrote:

> 3. IBM have not provided a rescue disk but have instead used a rescue
> partition, which is the strangest idea I've ever heard.  What if I need
to> rescue the machine because the disk crashed?  As you can imagine, this
is a> large partition (~750M) - does anyone know if it can be burnt onto a
couple

I asked IBM for recovery CDs (for my X21), and they charged me USD20 for
them. At least they sent me both NT and W2K. It's up to you whether you
find this useful or not. Also, it seems like the magic "Press F11"
function has something to do with the boot sector, because after
installing Linux and LILO, the message was gone. Including that partition
in lilo.conf didn't enable me to boot from it, so I scratched it.