[ltp] Thinkpad (A20p) S-Video out

Michael Selway linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 08:33:20 +0000

Dong Liu writes:
 > I also want to make my A21 TV-out working. After searching the net, the only thing I could

I found a program called "s3switch" which allows me to ask for tv
output in ntsc or pal.  Works fine on my T21 with a pretty vanilla
redhat 7.1 installation.  I can't get TV and LCD simultaneously -
I've assumed this is another symptom of the problems with external
monitors on the 1400x1050 displays.  But it does work for watching
DVDs on the tv.

I only get to see a 640x480 window of my display on the TV.  I
added some more "Modes" to my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file to allow
me to switch between different resolutions:

	Subsection "Display"
        	Depth       16
                Modes       "1400x1050" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubsection

In theory ctrl+alt+keypad-plus will cycle between the modes, but I
can never remember how to do keypad stuff on the tp keyboard, so I
have a key in my window manager set to do "xvidtune -next" which
also cycles the resolutions.

My TV has a direct S-Video input, so I didn't have to do any fancy
cabling.  If anyone gets an S-Video->scart cable working could you
let me know?

Michael.