[ltp] Thinkpad (A20p) S-Video out

Michael Selway linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 16:48:39 +0000

Vivek writes:
 > I got a special cable w. my thinkpad that connects the video plug of a
 > scart -> 3 way phono/video cable to the proprietary (ATI) 7-pin S-video
 > female socket on the thinkpad. Does your thinkpad have standard 4 pin
 > S-video sockets, or funky 7-pin ones? If you have 7 pin ones, you'll
 > need a cable from IBM or (your video card manufacturer). Otherwise you can
 > buy a standard cable from Maplin, or similar...

The socket on my T21 is a 7-pin female socket.  I didn't get a
lead with the machine; I used a bog standard s-video lead and
pluged it into my tv which happens to have an s-video input.

So presumably the extra proprietary pins on the thinkpad are
composite video and 2 sound channels.  That explains how it can be
wired to a scart.

m.