[ltp] Ultraport devices?

Tilmann Singer linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 20:44:17 +0100

* Kevin Krause <kevin@sutje.de> [20011222 17:56]:
> has anyone tried to make some of the toys IBM offers for the
> UltraPort work with Linux? I find both the IRDA thingy and the
> camera interesting.

There is a driver for the camera included in newer linux kernels
called ultracam.

Besides the lack of brightness adjustment (see earlier posting to this
list by me) it works fine. If the camera is attached to the plug on
the top of the display the kernel will recognize it the same way (at
least I see the same messages in the log) like a normal usb device
connect.

Nice toy - especially when combined with the marvellous asciicam
software ;-) ( http://www.hascii.org )

til